Welcome! Here you can find info on MONI MIGRI-card and how to order it.
You can apply for a MONI MIGRI-card if:
– you are seeking asylum in Finland,
– you have a reception center customer card (asiakaskortti in Finnish),
– a customer number (asiakasnumero in Finnish, often referred to as ID- or UMA-number) and
– you have not yet received a residence permit to Finland.
The MONI MIGRI-card is free of cost for asylum seekers. Salaries and social benefits can be paid to a MONI MIGRI-card.
APPLYING FOR A MONI MIGRI-CARD
How can I get a MONI MIGRI-card?
1. Send all of the following details via email to [email protected]:
- Your customer number (as written in your reception center customer card)
- Your full name
- The name of your reception center
- Your personal mobile number
- Your personal email address
- Potential employer
2. MIGRI will process your application. This will usually take 4-5 weeks. NOTICE: MONI can not answer questions related to the your application process.
3. You will be sent a notice to your phone and email when the application has been processed and your card is ready to be collected.
4. You can collect the card from your reception center or in special cases from the MONI office.
NOTICE: You can access your MONI MIGRI-account only after you have received your card and access credentials.
NOTICE: MONI MIGRI-account can only be used through my.moni.com, not through the MONI mobile apps.
What can you do with a MONI MIGRI-card/account?
- Withdraw money from an ATM.
- Pay at registers and points of sale in Finland (for example in stores and restaurants).
- Pay invoices to finnish bank accounts at my.moni.com (only to account numbers that begin with FI).
- You can receive salary and social benefits.
- You can see your transaction history at my.moni.com.
What are the things you can not do with a MONI MIGRI-card/account?
- You can not use the card abroad, only in Finland.
- You can not make payments online.
- You can not receive payments other than social benefits and salary.
- You can not use the account with MONI mobile applications, only through my.moni.com.
- MONI MIGRI-cards do not work at so called “cold stations” with automated pay-at-the-pump fill stations and no staff. You can however buy gas at a regular gas station and pay at the register.